Saturday, August 13, 2011

Joseph's Coat Technique

Hi Everyone!! I hope you all are enjoying your weekend!! I had a fabulous crop last night! We had about 16 ladies! That's a pretty big group for Croppers Couture!

This Tuesday I will be teaching my Technique Tuesday class at Potbellies so if your in the Tampa area, come join me!! We will be learning how to do the Joseph's coat technique. The first card is a Halloween card I came up with because I really wanted to use the bat wheel from Stampin' Up!

I started with a piece of glossy white CS and then randomly sponged Peach Parfait, Lucky Limeade and Rich Razzleberry all over. I used my embossing buddy over the ink and then I used VersaMark ink on the bat wheel and ran it across the colored glossy CS. I used clear embossing powder and then heated it with my heat tool. After it was all dry I was going to use my brayer but it didn't turn out as dark as I wanted so I used a large sponge dauber and my Basic Black reinker, inked the sponge and rubbed it all over my paper. This gave the dark black background I was looking for!! I let it dry of a second and then wiped my bats with a paper towel and there is our Joseph's coat!!


I did the same technique for this card but used Daffodil Delight, Regal Rose and Rose Red on the bottom and then the Rich Razzleberry reinker for the dark background. I mounted it on Whisper White and then Early Espresso, using the Regal Rose as my card base. The I {heart} hearts stamp set worked really well for this technique!!



Thanks for stopping!! I hope you've enjoyed my Technique Tuesday cards, even though todays not tuesday, LOL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment